Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Katherine!

I asked Katherine how old she was this morning when I called to check in. Her reply? “I’m Katherine.” Last night she did tell me she was 3 (and held up three fingers too!).

I can’t believe it; I can’t believe we’ve made it to birthday number 3. I’ve really noticed over the last couple of months how much she’s grown this year, physically and developmentally. You can have a conversation with her, she’ll do something when you ask her to (for the most part), every day she does something new that makes me go “you can do that now?!?”. Still, she’s got those cute little cheeks, those big blue eyes and the button nose. Our Baby Girl has turned into our Sweet Little Girl.

The big party is tomorrow once Aunt Carrie arrives but we did some decorating last night so that the Birthday Girl would be greeted in the morning. Of course, in the medical odyssey that was Age 2, she woke up Wednesday morning covered in hives. Since my parents were watching her, they graciously offered to take her to the doctor who immediately said it was an allergic reaction to something (we’ll probably never find the cause out according to them) and prescribed an over the counter remedy. Things look much better today. What a way to round out the year. Here’s hoping that Age 3 is a bit calmer in that arena.

The swing set is coming together. The “4 hour” timeframe quoted by the box is a joke. Ted and both Papas have worked on it for 3 evenings in a row, way more than the four hours so far. Still, for the cost, it was worth it. Katherine is beside herself, waiting for the completion of “My Playground”. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for tonight but if not, definitely tomorrow morning.

Since I am taking all of next week off, I am working today. Ted is working as well. Not to worry, the Birthday Girl is in the hands of the Papas and Grams and I’m sure she’s having a blast. Right now I am swamped with the last minute things to get done at work before I jet out of here!

No comments: