Monday, June 8, 2009

Tailpipes and Naps

Katherine is really concerned about tailpipes now, with some understanding. Everyday comes a new warning.
  • As we're getting in the car..."Don't stick your hand in the tailpipe."
  • If I'm getting something out of the back of the car..."Watch out for the tailpipe!"
  • The new one today..."Daddy's car has two tailpipes, Mommy...yours has one." Gee, thanks I've never noticed.

She points out the tailpipe in most cars (That's not our tailpipe!), even the new lawnmower, which I don't think actually has a tailpipe. Yesterday as we approached the car in the Wal-Mart parking lot, she made sure she walked FAR away from the tailpipe. We're developing a real tailpipe phobia.

Cute pic from last week...we built a little fort for her using her table and learning home:

Even Daddy tried to get in the fun!

I can't remember what K. is say there, but it's probably something like..."Daddy! Get out of my house, you're too big!"

Naps at home are also looking less and less likely now that paci is gone. We'll get her in her room laying down with a few books. Previously this and some paci sucking would have put her out in about 10 minutes. Now without paci I get a "Mommy!" about 30 minutes in. When I poke my head in I get a "I wake up". Usually at that point she's halfway out of bed already. So, what to do? I still think she needs a nap of some sort (and ok, I'll admit it, I need the nap too). Going from an almost 3 hour nap to no nap seems a bit drastic to me. Plus she's still taking one a preschool. I'm thinking of telling her that she needs to lay there until I come and get her and ignoring the Mommy call 30 minutes in. If she could have a good hour of resting, even if she doesn't fall asleep I would be happy. That or possibly next Saturday morning we need to keep her really active in the morning so that she's pooped by naptime. Bedtime is going better but again it takes her a bit to calm down. Granted its still quite light out at her bedtime, which doesn't help. Right now I'm not budging on bedtime though, anything past 8:00 is too late for a two year old (in my honest opinion).

No comments: