Sunday, June 14, 2009

Birthday Weekend

I had a good and relaxing birthday on Saturday. Beth and Katherine made chicken fried steak for dinner Saturday night.



I also took stock of my running for the past year. According to the Nike + system, I logged 99 runs for a total of 390.4 miles. I want to increase my mileage to about 15 miles per week this summer. That will put me in good position for the 10k and half marathon I want to run in the fall. I ran the Rocky Mount 10k last year and a half marathon earlier in the spring and wasn't too happy with my time for either race. So I think I can knock off a couple of minutes off each time. Of course, its hard to run and train in the summer.

I spent some birthday money and ordered a pair of Oxysox. I dont think I'll actually wear them on a run but instead I'll put them on around the house and use them for recovery. Keep an eye out for the full review later.

Finally, Beth used the riding lawn mower for the first time. Here's a quick video, and no its not in slow motion.

1 comment:

colleen said...

This saves time how?