I caught a cute moment yesterday when I picked up Miss K. from daycare. K's class was in with the three year olds and everyone was sitting in a circle singing songs (I am amazed that they get that many preschoolers to sit quietly and in a somewhat still fashion). I don't know what song they were singing but after each verse they would call out a kid's name and say "come to the middle and do a trick!" The kid would come to the middle, do a little dance or something and everyone would cheer. Well, just as I walked in the room, they called out Katherine's name. I ducked behind a wall of cubbies and caught sight of her standing up and hopping around like a bunny to a round of cheers. She was clearly enjoying herself.
Every couple of months I'll notice that she's gotten a bit bigger. This week I picked her up and realized this, I don't know why but its usually the torso area that I notice is wider, probably because that's where I put my hands when I pick her up. She also seems to be completely potty trained, even at night. Without much fanfare I put her in underwear for bedtime on Monday and she's been dry all week.
Tomorrow is the...ahem...the rescheduled Sesame Street Live. At least now we know exactly how long it should take to get there and where we should park, not that we didn't know that already. Besides that it will probably be some weeding while K plays in her pool, although I am anticipating a little helper instead of a little swimmer ("I help you?"). What kid would give up the opportunity to dig in the dirt? We'll need to be cautious, however. Ted was weeding the front bed last week and now has a bit of poison ivy. We've never seen it there before. That stuff just scares me. It seems to creep up when you least expect it.
1 comment:
Funny- my husband asked me today if there is still a Sesame Street Live show and I told him I have no idea. I'll have to update him!! Hope you all enjoyed it!
Post a Comment