I did not plan for almost an entire week to go by between posts. Our internet at home seems to be running a bit slow. Ok, its running very slow. So each time I sat down to do some browsing and do a quick update I'd get right back up in frustration as I waited for the hamster in the wheel to start running JUST A BIT FASTER. We're not entirely sure what the problem is but we think its the router which allows us to have the computer AND the XBox 360 hooked up to the Internet. We had Time Warner out a couple of months ago when our Internet would freeze up completely and the guy quickly diagnosed that it was the beginning of the end for the router. After that visit things improved momentarily and now we find ourselves in our current pickle. So while we figure out what to do I'll have to use lunchtime for a good majority of my posts.
Its was a fairly usual week around here. Yesterday was Spring picture day for Katherine at school and I put her the adorable outfit she wore for Easter (with of course a back up outfit just in case we had an accident right before the big moment). Katherine's big realization this week is that everybody has a butt. Yup. She's actually been doing this for a bit with various body parts, nose, eyes, etc... She'll point out "That's your nose, that's my nose, that's the bear's nose...etc." Well this week it was..."That's your butt, that's my butt, that's Daddy's butt, that's Reeses' butt." Yup we all have a butt kiddo. Next step is to teach her that it is not appropriate behavior to point out other's butts, especially in public places. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'm going to be strolling in the mall with her and she'll exclaim "That's your butt!" to some random unsuspecting soul and heaven forbid it be someone whose behind was rather, shall we say, on the large size?
I went out last night to spread the last of the pine straw in the bed in the middle of the backyard. I should have remember the camera because Katherine had a ball literally rolling in the patches of pinks that are in full bloom. I guess I should have stopped her from squishing the flowers but it was too cute..."This tickles Mommy." We're trying to decide on a weekend activity, possibly a drive to the NC Aquarium or maybe the observation park at RDU where she might get a kick out of watching the planes take off and land. Any other ideas?
No comments:
Post a Comment