Monday, April 13, 2009

Mommy... LOOK!

"What's happening?" That's how Katherine greeted me yesterday morning. Clearly she knew someone had come to visit her during the night. Not only did she get a kick out of the footprints, she picked them up and she went along (score!). When she turned the corner on the stairs and she saw the basket and Little People Airplane she looked at me and said "Yeah!!!" Obviously the airplane took center stage, she didn't notice the candy until a bit later. And while she asked for it to be "Open please" she actually didn't take any interest in eating it, she gave it to us to eat instead (hmmmm, don't mind if I do!). Still not a chocolate lover although the gummies were tasty to her.
Katherine actually woke up a bit earlier than I thought she would which gave me plenty of time to get to 8am mass as opposed to waiting until 10:30 mass. Check out this adorable outfit:As usual she was wonderful in church, a bit ancy towards the end but who isn't? We just can't squirm and say "I want to go!" We left right after communion as there was no chance of getting her back in a seat. They were setting up for an Easter Egg hunt outside but I decided to bypass it because she's already been to two hunts already and the youngest kids were set up to hunt in the playground among the slides and swings. I would have never gotten her out of there.

The fam spent the rest of the day around the house. Just like my Dad I need to keep busy, why sit around when there are things to get done? I think this drives Ted crazy sometimes, especially when just wants to relax. But what can I say, its in the genes! One of my Dad's favorite phrases is "I'm just puttering." meaning he's busy doing odds and ends around the house. I can say with certainty yesterday that I was "puttering" around the yard while Katherine took her almost 4 (yes 4!) hour nap. I actually got alot done however, I was in no hurry and I found the whole thing very relaxing. So there you have it, I've become my father. I'm also finding furniture refinishing enjoyable too but that's a topic for another post.

Katherine and I are home today. Because Friday was my normal day off, I get to take my holiday hours on another day. It just so happens that the daycare happens to be closed today, the whole place got painted over the long weekend and the teachers are setting everything back up. We have a few errands to run and then I'll probably do some more puttering around the house with a two year old in tow.

No comments: