Monday, April 6, 2009

Bright Pink Tubbies

I’ve been working on a new Kodak album which I should have out some time today or tomorrow. I got way behind in that area so its two months in one for this album. I also got a lovely notification from Kodak that I need to spend $17.55 by May 15th or they’ll start deleting albums from my account. Now in reality this shouldn’t bother me because I have all of the pictures saved on my computer. But it would mean that no one else could look at old albums and hey sometimes I like to look back and see how much our girl has grown. Since I do have a goal of getting that scrapbook done I am planning on putting in a picture order that would cover most if not all of the pages I want to do. However, $17.55 worth of pictures? I’m not sure that’s going to happen and Ted and I have decided that we’re not going to buy something just to buy something. Some of my friends use Picasa instead of Kodak but I’m wondering if they have that type of fee, especially if you put a lot of pictures in there.

We had a lovely weekend up at Papa and Gram Coberly’s. The community they live in was doing an Easter egg hunt on Saturday and of course our girl Kate had to participate. K. loved it (I’ll get a picture or two up soon) but did not love the Easter Bunny. Kind of the same thing as with Santa Claus, I’ll say hello but I’m keeping my distance. We also have a cute cute cute little video of her on the swings belting out the ABC’s. Incidently, we didn't tell K. that we were going up to "Papa's house" until about 10 minutes before we left. We have found that information like that is on a need to know basis around our house otherwise you have a two year old that is screaming because you're not heading out the door RIGHT NOW! When I did ask her if she wanted to get in the car and ride to Papa's house her response was...YEAH!!!! She also doesn't know that Papa and Gram Coberly will be picking her up on Thursday and spending the day with her Friday on their way to Charleston or that Gram Meagher will be flying in next Tuesday for a few days. Need to know...Need to know...

Saturday was a bath night and I had forgotten K’s bath gel. So I asked Gram if she had anything that would make bubbles in the tub. She didn’t have any bubble bath but she did have some Calgon. To my surprise, when I poured it in the tub, it turned the water bright pink! As far as Miss K. was concerned this was better than any old bubble, she got ALL excited for her pink bath. Add in a few Tupperware containers and we had one happy bather! Kerri, possible idea for the tub wary Caroline?

3 comments:

mccashew said...

Pretty sure I am picking up some Calgon on my way home tonight! Good tip!

colleen said...

Kodak sounds like a ripoff. Flickr is $25 A YEAR for unlimited uploads and photo albums.

The Grady Chronicles said...

Thanks for your comment, Beth! It helps to hear from other moms who have 'been there, done that.' I'm really happy with Picasa- not sure if they eventually charge a fee though.