Wow, Friday already although at times this week did not seem to fly by. Ted's half marathon is tomorrow morning and I'm really hoping it does not rain for him. I'm thinking of taking K. downtown to cheer him on, I just need to guage the race start time against his anticipated run time to make sure we catch him at the finish.
We've been treated to sing alongs during our drive in this week. As we start down the highway we'll hear a soft..."A, B, C, D, E, F, G..." from the backseat. She can pretty much make her way through the song too although I'm not too sure what she's singing at the L, M, N, O, P part. Sometimes she counts, things get sketchy after number 13. When she was a baby I would sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to her at bedtime every night. She's asking for it again at bedtime (partly as procrastination measure I think) except now she sings along with me. The other night she sang it to put one of her dollies to sleep.
Katherine is still in the younger two's room, we were hoping for a move up when we got back from Massachusetts but I think she still needs to make a bit more progress on the "pooping in the potty" front. At this point we're all pretty sure she's holding it in, so much so you swear the kid is constipated. No amount of encouragement either at home or school will make things happen until she's good and ready for it to happen. She'll tell you with lots of conviction that..."POOPS go in da pooootttty!!!" but the regular execution of this statement still remains to be seen. Everyone tells me this is a phase but really Katherine? Is it that big of a deal to just sit with a good book and let nature take its course? That issue aside, pottying is going WONDERFUL, she's been dry even at night all this week so we'll just count our blessings. No pressure big girl.
Oh yes and "I do it!" is still alive and well. Earlier in the week I picked up her and took her down from her bathroom stool. I got a quick retort of... "NOOOOOO!!! NOT NICE! I DO IT!" She proceeded to climb herself right back up the stool and climb down again all by herself. There. She showed me.
No comments:
Post a Comment