I did however come across these cute wall hangings at Pottery Barn Kids. I thought they were really cute until I saw the price. Yes, the small ones aren't too expensive but their also not that big. So we would definitely need more than one to look right on the wall, unless we bought the big one and spent a whopping $179. So I said to myself: "Self, I think you can make those for a fraction of the cost." Not only that, by making them myself I can pick the color scheme. So off I went to Michael's this morning. $30 later and I had enough stuff to make not one but TWO good sized butterfly wall hangings. The PBK website has some nice close ups of each canvas so I'm all set there. I'm planning that one will be made with buttons, the other with patterned paper. Speaking of buttons, I got lucky there. For some reason I've been saving every spare button that has come with my clothes for years. I did a bit of playing yesterday.
We've had a pretty social weekend. The neighbor's had a poker party last night so we went over for a bit. Ted decided not to play but it was fun and Katherine enjoyed playing with their son Wyatt who just turned 4. Tonight we're headed to a Super Bowl Party being put on by one of Ted's co-workers.
2 comments:
Count me in. I've got buttons that were in my Grandmother's sewing box and others that I've saved over the years because I thought they were neat. When do you need them?
Ha! Cute idea!
I think that you need more pink buttons, though.
Post a Comment