Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Times

I kept meaning to blog yesterday and just got too busy. Things are quiet on the homefront now after back to back visits from Papas and Grams. Ted's parents were here the weekend before last and my parents were in town the last couple of days. Katherine lavished in the undivided attention. There was shopping and museum trips and some just plain having fun. Pictures are coming as soon as they send them to me (somehow I just didn't take that many so I'm relying on you here M&D), which reminds me, did I ever send out that January photo album? Yes, I think I did.

Small things can make my day. Yesterday morning it poured around here, which usually does not make for a happy day. However, when one has yet to use their brand new swanky umbrella and happens to have a meeting in another building on campus...well. I turned down two offers of a ride over to the meeting because I was so excited to use my new umbrella. It put a smile on my face to see those happy navy blue flowers dancing in the rain. Small things people, small things. Yesterday also marked nine (yes, 9!) years that Ted and I have known each other. Unbelievable. For those that are curious, we met in a bar.

Enough about yesterday, today is my sister Colleen's Birthday. Happy Birthday!!!! Shoot on over to her blog and leave her some good wishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!