Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Going to the Chapel...

We have returned from a wonderful weekend! The newly minted Mr. & Mrs. Celecki are preparing for their European honeymoon! The wedding was beautiful that’s all there is to say. But here are some highlights.

Ted and I arrived in NJ mid-morning on Friday. I couldn't believe it had been almost 10 years since I last visited Kristen in NJ (10 years??? are we that old that we can talk like that?). After checking in and relaxing for a bit I headed over to the bridesmaid's tea. The tea was one of my favorite parts of the weekend and a Smith tradition that I miss. Kristen even remembered to order beer cheese, which I have to find a recipe for. And check out this cake, how cute is that?
And here are all of Kristen's wonderful bridesmaid. Seriously girls, if I look better in one your pictures, please send it my way! After the tea, it was off to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
The wedding day dawned cool but nice and sunny. We started getting ready early. I don't have a good picture of my hair but it was as curly as it had ever been and even though it is short, the stylist managed an updo. Here is a picture of me walking down the aisle:
And the big moment, Kristen and John getting married!
After pictures at the church, we headed to the water front for a few pictures on the pier. Do I need to say it was cold? End of a pier, end of November, end of the day...brrrrr. Sorry Kristen! Then we all boarded the nice warm luxury party bus and headed up the reception. Riding in that bus was also a favorite part of my day as I have never been in a limo (or limo type vehicle in this case) before. Let's just say it was lively. The reception at Mayfair Farms was gorgeous, the room had a winter theme to it (sorry no pictures!).
Ted and I woke up very early Sunday morning to head back to Virginia. By early I mean 3am. No that is not a type. I was not very enthusiastic about this, I was in my happy place, comfy and cozy (Hampton Inn has very comfortable beds). I was more than happy to stay in bed for a few more hours, traffic or no traffic. But it was not to be, Ted wanted to get down I-95 before traffic got bad. So I literally poured myself into the passenger seat. We were at Ted's parents just after breakfast. I was back in bed by 9am for a three hour nap.
Miss K. had a wonderful weekend with Papa and Gram Coberly. I was impressed by how much her language skills had improved in just two days! She can now count not only in English but in Spanish too, thanks to "Dora Explora".
So thank you to everyone for a wonderful weekend!

No comments: