Sunday, October 5, 2008

Phew!

We started the weekend like this...
And ended it like this!My goal for the weekend was just to get the bathroom primed. However, I easily completed that on Saturday so I decided to finish things up today. What a relief! The major part of the renovation is done! There is of course some touch up to be done, which I can tackle over the course of the coming week. Also, one of the shades to the light fixtures was slightly chipped (and Miss K. learned that do not touch means do not touch!), so I need to head over to Home Depot on Friday and pick up a replacement. Speaking of light fixtures, just look at how beautiful these are:
Thankfully we picked a simple design, so a replacement shade should be easy to find. Over the course of the next few months, we'll also pick up the assorted hooks, towel holders, pictures, mats, etc... We'll take our time to figure out what we want and as we see stuff we'll get it. I am feeling a huge relief because my evenings will no longer be spent in the bathroom. I can catch up on all of the other things on my list, like the September picture album.

Besides painting this weekend, Katherine and I also went to pick up her Halloween costume. I must admit, I was extremely dissappointed with the selection, its the first weekend in October, what gives??? I wasn't really picky in terms of type of costume, which is a good thing because there weren't many choices. We were all set with an Elmo costume, which I thought would be perfect because she loves Elmo. However, I wanted to try it on her real quick. Nothin' doin', she was more content hold the Elmo costume rather than put it on. Seeing as this might be problem if she was expected to wear it most of the day at preschool, we needed another costume. For some reason I quickly thought of a black cat and mentioned that to her. She got immediately excited and exclaimed "CAT!!" So back over to the costume area where we lucky to find that there were three different styles of cat ears and tails. K. picked out the leopard ones. Then over to the toddler clothing where we were able to find a long sleeve black shirt and black legging type pants. Pair those with her black Mary Janes and Score! What an easy costume. It should be really comfy for her, since really, she's just wearing normal clothes and I'm super please because those clothes will have a longer shelf life than just Halloween!
And I also officially placed my order for contacts. So far, I had been using trial pairs while I figured out what I liked. I've settled on Acuvue Oasys. They are much thinner that the first pair I tried and I noticed the difference right away. Still working on the solution, I think the best option for me will be to rinse the lenses in saline before I put them in, the all in one solutions seem to make my eyes itch but are needed to disinfect the lenses. I received a sample for Clear Care when I placed my lense order, so that is next to try. I still don't plan on wearing them everyday (like when I have to spend all day in front of a computer screen) but I love the flexibility they offer me.
Finally, and I am WAY behind in posting this...A big CONGRATULATIONS to my sister Colleen and her fiance Sven on their engagement!! We all found out about it last weekend but I wanted to wait before I posted so that they had to chance to spread the news first. I'm sure there will be lots of wedding planning updates soon!
Now its time for a nice hot shower in our freshly painted bathroom and bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bathroom looks great, love the light fixtures. You must have solved the problem with the mirror, everything matches nicely. Congrats to Colleen and Sven.

Anonymous said...

Send my congrats to Colleen! Tell her if she needs any magazines I have a ton I would be willing to send her!