Thursday, September 4, 2008

TGI...Thursday!

Just a quiet Thursday night around here. We've had an excellent week, Katherine made a very smooth transition into the two year old room and her teachers report she is already sitting on the potty. It actually happened her first full day in the room, they were changing her diaper and she just went over and sat down! Since then, they report that she won't even wait for her clothes to come down. Obviously nothing is happening just yet when she sits but we've made a big leap forward this week! Tonight when I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty she ran right into the bathroom and climbed up on the toilet. Of course when I put the Elmo potty seat down and tried to get her to repeat it, no such luck. Oh well.

Katherine has also begun to say "Thank You" in the past week or so. It actually sounds more like "Daaayy Dooo" but what is really surprising is that she always says it at the appropriate time. I also think I caught a bit of "Your Welcome" the other day too, which I always say to her after she says thank you.

The big girl bed is working well so far, we haven't had any climbing out bed after we put her down or at odd hours. I can't complain (and probably shouldn't speak too soon) but bedtime has been quite smooth lately.

I'm sure you've all been watching the weather reports and it looks like Hanna is headed our way. In Raleigh they are predicting a nasty Saturday, rain and wind. Perfect day to hunker down and...paint a bathroom ceiling! I was noticing the other night that the ceiling could use a coat of paint and since I am redoing it, I should take advatage of the opportunity, so to speak. What's left on the to do list you ask?
  • Paint the ceiling, white of course
  • Install new light fixtures (no picture online, so you'll just have to wait and see!)
  • Make any wall repairs from the old light fixtures.
  • Sanding...lots of sanding, this should help make it quick
  • Prep for wall painting, I don't paint walls without lots of painter's tape.
  • Paint walls, distant valley is probably going to be the wall color
  • I might also spray paint some of the faucet and drawer handles, I am encouraged since the mirror came out so well.

Wow, that is quite a list. I am hoping to be done by mid-October, remember most of the work is done during weekend naptimes, especially the painting. We'll see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We passed through Meagher, Montana today. Did some of your relatives move west? I see our dots popping up on the blog map. We had a great time in Yellowstone, saw lots of wild life to include a grizzly, and hiked two of the thermal areas. We thought we had trained adequately, but going uphill at this altitude is a heart pounding experience. We'll be checking in from Glacier next. Here's hoping Hanna passes through quickly.