Friday, September 26, 2008

Greetings from Massachusetts!

Hello from Western MA! We arrived early (like 3:30 am) Thursday morning after a pretty easy journey up I-95. We dived into bed immediately after arriving and were able to put in a few hours of shut eye before Miss K's morning wakeup. We lounged around most of the morning with the exception a quick trip to visit Grandpa at work (15 years later and I must admit, Agawam High School still looks the same, smells the same, sounds the same, etc...). Our original plans were to head over to The Big E this morning but a quick look at the weather forecast made us change our minds and we headed over yesterday evening. It ended being the perfect time to go, the weather was great and we had just enough time to walk around and soak it all in. Katherine LOVED visiting with the animals (pictures soon) and we even caught some of the evening parade. I also wanted to take her down the Giant Slide, a Big E staple, however, I think she is still a bit small. I forgot how fast you fly down that thing and I had a fear that I would go over a bump and she would go flying (we already lost one front tooth, let's not push it). Plus, she is just over the height requirement of 33 inches that is needed to go on the slide period (and that's with another person). So we decided to wait until she is a bit older for that one, hopefully on a future visit we'll have the opportunity. For now, I think the tunnel slide when we take her to the Farm in a few weeks will be much more her speed.

This morning, Katherine headed out with Grandma and Grandpa for visits to Great Grandmas. Ted and I went out to the LL Bean store in CT and my favorite store in town, Ensign Cooper's. Both were a success! We'll be getting ready to head up to the wedding rehearsal soon, more updates to come!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hope you all have a wonderful time while you are up here and the rain doesn't put too big of a damper on the wedding fun!

Miss ya & hugs,
Christina, Tim, & Noah

Anonymous said...

Hope you all are safely home and that the wedding was fabulous. We're on our last night on the road, and will be happy to get home. We wish we could have been there to see you on your way there or back, but we'll try to get down for a visit soon.
We were able to see Aunt Doris and two of the Colorado cousins, Jim and David. Then we spent a couple of days with Cam and Judy. We had dinner with Colt and Deanna last night and went to a performance by Bernadette Peters and the Ft. Worth Symphony. Now there's only half of TN and the length of VA to cover!