This week seemed to just fly by for me. I was busy with two presentations at work and mid-week I had the morning off for an appointment I've been procrastinating on for the last six months. I took the plunge and finally tried contacts. I've worn glasses most of my life but during high school and through college and graduate school I only needed them occasionally for distance. However, after many years of reading really fine print in way too many journal articles I found myself wearing them more and more. In the last couple of years, I've been wearing them all the time. Which made me think it might be nice to have contacts for the days when I don't want to wear my glasses. I had my checkup in January to have my prescription updated but I procrastinated on the contact appointment until this week. Honestly I was nervous about the whole "putting something in my eye" thing. But so far, so good! Actually the worst part was at the beginning of the appointment because the tech put them in my eyes the first time. I guess they figure if you can get through that, putting them in yourself won't seem quite so bad. They were right. Not that I'm a pro by any means but it does go a bit smoother each time I do it. The buildup to putting them in or taking them out is worse than actually doing it. Now the jury is still out on whether I want to keep them, I'm still getting to adjusted to how they feel and how I see with them but I told myself I would give them a good chance before I make a decision either way. I'll keep you all posted!
I also had a few observations about Katherine this week. For starters she is a much more adventurous eater than I'm told I was at a young age. Case in point, Ted made nachos for dinner one night this week (yes, in our household Ted does the majority of the cooking, we'll get to that sometime later). On those nachos were black olives, a definite NO food for me as a child. However, Katherine gobbled them right up without so much as a second glance. She was also really picky about getting her hands dirty. This isn't a consistent behavior because dinner is still a pretty messy affair but she is starting to ask for a napkin to wipe off her hands. Katherine's vocabulary is also increasing, she will try to repeat a lot of what you say. She can now jump and both feet will leave the ground at the same time. It is wonderful to have all of those little moments when realize just how much she is growing up.
Today (Friday) they are doing water play at preschool. So Ms K. went in this morning all dressed in her bathing suit, cover up, and pink crocs (looking absolutely adorable I might add, not that I'm biased) and a beach bag filled with a towel, change of clothes and extra swim diapers. I know she'll have a ball.
3 comments:
Too bad there is no picture of her in her swimming duds...that I imagine would have been too cute! :)
I've worn contacts for years and while I will admit that there were many mornings I wanted to throw them out the window - eventually it got easier - the wetter you can make them the better and I still look up when I put them in because watching myself do it was the worst part for me- GOOD LUCK!!!
I agree. It was easy when the technician was putting them in (probably because I was looking up and I thought they knew what they were doing) I wore them for a while and then went back to glasses when rimless frames came in. I do miss them when I'm swimming.
Post a Comment