Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nanas!!

As in bananas! By far Katherine's favorite food right now is bananas. It is so cute to watch her run over to the fridge put her arms up to the basket on top of the fridge and say "nana?" Sometimes to prevent them from ripening so quickly we keep them in the produce drawer in the fridge. If that is the case she will go over to the fridge, ask for a "nana" and then help herself to the drawer once I open the door. If given the chance, she would eat a whole bunch in one sitting. However, there is a need to ration out the bananas:
  1. She needs to eat a more balanced diet than just bananas.
  2. We would be at the store at least every other day buying a new bunch.
  3. We would be at the store every other day buying a new package of diapers (we'll just leave it at that).

Speaking of diapers, we are nearing the start of potty training! Katherine is showing a lot of the signs that she is ready, including trying to put her diapers on herself. Daycare starts potty training once the child reaches the two year old room, which we are only weeks away from right now! In the most recent parent update, it talked about getting them ready for potty training by having her sit on the potty after each diaper change..."to get a feel for it." Now I guess I have never progressed much past bathroom humor but I had to chuckle when I read that. Yes folks, we are starting with the basics! The other night as I was getting her undressed for bathtime I ask her if she wanted to sit on the potty. She got all excited and went right over and put the seat cover up. Obviously nothing happened but she was all proud of herself for those couple of seconds.

The adventure begins...

No comments: